Monday, January 2, 2012

In Memory of Penny Jordan - Best Selling Romantic Novelist


Penny Jordan died on 31st of December 2011. 

Penny Jordan was a global star of Mills & Boon, not only in Category Romance, but an international best seller when they first ventured into single title, under the Worldwide imprint, with her stunning revenge novel Silver (1989). She loved and continued to write category romance, but latterly she had added novels for Harper Collins -- wartime romances under the pen name Annie Groves, which she loved writing, drawing on family history for some of her inspiration, and also big family sagas like Silk and Scandal, under her own name.
She was phenomenally hard working but could always find time to support other writers, especially those still aspiring to be published. She was generous and the success of authors she had advised was an on-going delight to her. 

In March 2011 Penny Jordan received a lifetime achievement award from the RNA.













We miss her and here are some of the comments from her fellow writers....

The sadness and love expressed by so many of us say a lot about Penny
herself.

Not only is she a talented storyteller - she is a kind and generous soul -
who always has words of encouragement for others.

She has always been a wonderful ambassador for our work and our association.
She been an inspiration to me in more ways than I can say.

Like so many others I am deeply saddened to hear of her illness - and my
thoughts are with her and those closest to her.

                                                                                        [Janet Gover]
We've had a few chats at various "dos" and she is always so friendly.  A very talented lady, who never flaunts her bestseller status. [Gail Mallin]
  
She is a a real RNA stalwart and a true star. [Jenny Harper]

 She's a true inspiration for all of us, so incredibly hard-working and always kind and generous with advice. Long before I came to England and joined the RNA, I had heard of her and seen her books in many different countries, but although I was in awe the first time I met her, she soon put me at ease. Am thinking of her. [Pia Fenton writing as Christina Courtenay]

She is such a wonderful and generous person - a role model for us all. [Katie Fforde]
She is always so self-effacing and generous to others. [Jan Jones]
Like so many I'm in shock and unbelievably sad. Penny was a friend and a
mentor. I cherish memories of shopping for handbags with her in Dubai and
comparing shoes at RNA events. Her glamour.... a goal to try an reach....

She is a writing pro who never stopped growing as writer - never happy with
just good enough and as other have said has encouraged many of us on our
way...

My prayers are with her.  [Liz Fenwick]

This is sad news indeed. Penny Jordan is a name I've known since I was a young girl, with many of her books lying about the house, and my mother an ardent fan, of course. My thoughts are with her and her family. [Jane Holland, daughter of Charlotte Lamb]

I wouldn't presume to say I knew her well but having chatted to her on many
occasions in the past nine years I have always found her unfailingly kind
and very modest.

I know she was genuinely interested in helping and guiding aspiring authors
and that over the years, she has mentored several unpublished members of the
RNA.

I can completely understand why she wanted to keep her illness private as
people, even talented, vibrant people like Penny, who have a terminal
diagnosis often become defined by that rather than the person they truly
are.

But as a true storyteller she will leave a wonderful legacy for her family,
friends and fans alike; over 200 well-crafted and page-turning romances.

[Jean Fullerton]
Like everyone else, I am devastated by this terrible news. Penny was a huge support to me when I was getting published and encouraged me during the many times I wanted to give up.She is a truly special person and the world will be a poorer place without her. [Julia Moffatt]

I'm greatly saddened to hear the news about Penny, a highly successful author, who was never too busy to offer advice to others trying to get on to the ladder of publishing success.  I was one such beneficiary.

I shall always remember her with affection  - her generous nature, her warmth as a person and her enviable instinct for glamour. [Liz Harris]


I never met Penny but corresponded via e-mail from time
to time. She was so generous in her support and praise for all new and
inexperienced writers- as I was six years ago. [Fenella Miller]
Penny is an inspirational woman. So hard-working and dedicated to her craft. And, on a more superficial note, always so elegant. [Gilli Allan]
My thoughts and prayers are with her family. She spoke at the first RNA meeting I first went to in Circencester. She was an inspiration and as a result I joined the RNA. God bless her.  [Sheila Johnson]

I met her first at the Cheshire RNA chapter, where she was
incredibly kind to this newbie author who only had one book out with a tiny
publisher. [Lynne Connolly]

How shocked I am at the news about Penny. I have many, many Penny Jordan books. They are keepers. [Vonnie Hughes]

219 comments:

«Oldest   ‹Older   201 – 219 of 219
Unknown said...

After I and my husband got married, we relocated to another city and we both got jobs and started working and living together happily. We never had any problems until a colleague of his started doing all she can to get my husband’s attention. I never knew all along what was going until he started sleeping out and making excuses. Things got out of control and he eventually stopped attending to my needs. I knew at that point I needed help so I contacted Dr Isikolo and explained everything to him. He told me all that has been going and promised to fix the problems for me which he did. He cast a love reunion spell for me which reunited i and my husband and he started being the man I always loved him to be just after 48 hours Dr Isikolo worked for me. We are both happy now and it would not have been possible if not for Dr Isikolo.  Contact him if you need any help. His webpage: https://isikolo-temple.com or text him on WhatsApp him on +2348133261196

Anonymous said...

I Really Appreciate What Priest Hannah Has Done for me, he brought back my fiancee who has proposed to me and left me for another Woman few months ago, I'm so happy to have Him back and this wouldn't have happened without Priest Hannah thank you so much, You can contact Priest Hannah ON his WhatsApp; +233264326829 or Via email priesthannahsolutionhome@gmail.com And Visit him Website https://priesthannahsoluti.wixsite.com/priesthannah

Anonymous said...

My marriage of 6 years have been filled with endless misery which led to the divorce I never wanted. I tried to move on but it was so difficult for me because I still loved my husband and my daughter has always cried because she misses her father. I had no choice rather than to seek help which led me to contacting Ilekhojie. After seeing reaching out to him, he assured me of reconciling me and my husband with a simple reconciliation ritual between us. He explained to me that my husband is going to change his mind about the divorce and return and we will be a happy family again. I am glad to tell you all that the love and happiness has been restored between us and we are back together all thanks to Dr Ilekhojie. Contact Ilekhojie for solutions to your relationship or marriage via: Email gethelp05@gmail.com or Telegram/WhatsApp: +2348147400259

Toni Owens Myers said...

Je recommande vivement la voyante et astrologue Tanya Debo (info.debo.org@gmail.com), qui m'a aidée à reconquérir mon mari après des années de séparation.
Alors que je désespérais et multipliais les efforts pour le récupérer, j'ai été arnaquée à plusieurs reprises par de faux lanceurs de sorts, des voyants spirituels et des imposteurs en ligne qui gèrent des pages et des groupes sur les réseaux sociaux uniquement pour escroquer les gens. C'est ce que j'ai vécu jusqu'à ce que ma tante me recommande Tanya Debo. C'est une lanceuse de sorts, une guérisseuse traditionnelle et une spiritualiste douée. Elle m'a également aidée à résoudre d'autres problèmes personnels auxquels je faisais face. Mon mari est revenu auprès de moi et des enfants ; nous formons désormais une famille heureuse 😊, vivant dans la paix, l'amour, la joie et l'harmonie. D'ailleurs, mon mari m'a donné le mot de passe de son téléphone et j'ai un accès total à ses téléphones ainsi qu'à son ordinateur. Il a totalement rompu avec l'autre femme qui me l'avait ravi pendant des années. Tanya Debo, vous êtes la meilleure lanceuse de sorts en ligne et je continuerai à témoigner de vos œuvres remarquables. Vous pouvez la joindre à cette adresse e-mail : info.debo.org@gmail.com ou par appel/WhatsApp au +2348101793937.
Tanya Debo propose également des solutions pour les situations ci-dessous ; je crois fermement en elle, car je suis un témoignage vivant de son efficacité. J'ai recommandé ses services à des amis qui sont aujourd'hui heureux, car Tanya Debo les a aidés à résoudre leurs problèmes. N'hésitez pas à la contacter pour obtenir de l'aide ; elle est très puissante et peut résoudre les problèmes suivants avec une garantie de résultats à 100 %.

Voulez-vous reconquérir votre ex-partenaire ?
Sortilèges pour favoriser la grossesse
Sortilèges de protection contre les armes à feu ou les objets tranchants
Sortilèges pour éloigner une tierce personne ou une interférence indésirable
Sortilège pour que votre mari vous apprécie davantage
Sortilège pour devenir célèbre
Sortilèges pour faire prospérer considérablement une entreprise
Sortilèges pour trouver un emploi
Sortilèges pour trouver un mari
Sortilèges pour gagner un procès
Sortilèges pour faire libérer un proche de prison
Sortilèges pour obtenir une promotion
Sortilèges de protection
Sortilèges pour gagner à la loterie

Tanya Debo, vous êtes la meilleure lanceuse de sorts d'amour en ligne pour aider les gens. Je continuerai à témoigner de vos œuvres remarquables.

Anonymous said...

Here is the wonderful thing Dr Reethesh did for me that saved my home. I was having serious trouble in my marriage, Things weren't going fine between me and my wife, we were always fighting ourselves for no good reason and this issue almost ended up killing ourselves during any fight we had. But thanks to Dr Reethesh for coming to our rescue. On this day after me and my wife had an argument she left the house. After she left I came back to my senses. It's just like something bad left my body. So I told myself that I need to look for a solution. That's how I went online and did some research so I came across good review testimonies about Dr Reethesh how he has been helping a lot of people in restoring their broken home. So I reached out to Dr Reethesh and explained myself to him, After he did everything he needed to do. He explained to me that the person behind me and my wife's troubles is my Ex-girlfriend. She wants my wife to leave me alone so she can take the place of my wife. I asked Dr Reethesh what the solution was and he told me what needed to be done. So I paid for all the items needed. When Dr Reethesh did his work the rest was history. Dr Reethesh was able to destroy the evil spell my Ex-girlfriend did to destroy my home and helped me to bring everything back to normal between me and my wife.  My wife and I apologized to ourselves and made peace with ourselves. Today me and my lovely wife are living happily together without any troubles. If you need Dr Reethesh help you can contact Via WhatsApp: +2349012999010 Or Email: reethesh60@gmail.com

anonymous said...

De peste un an, mă lupt să-mi repar căsnicia cu soțul meu. Am fost epuizată emoțional și etichetată drept infidelă pentru că soțul meu a primit informații greșite despre mine, cum că am înșelat-o, informații complet false. Ne-am certat mai multe, iar casa mea a devenit nesigură pentru creșterea copiilor mei, ceea ce m-a afectat foarte mult. Familia lui nu este complet de partea mea, iar asta a înrăutățit lucrurile. În acel moment, știam că am nevoie de ajutor pentru a-l face să se concentreze din nou asupra mea și asupra noastră. Mi-era teamă să nu-l pierd și a trebuit să-l contactez pe Dr. Isikolo. Acest bărbat mi-a arătat într-adevăr cât de posibil este ca vraja lui de dragoste să-i reunească pe parteneri și să vadă din nou uniunea dintre ei minunată. A lucrat pentru mine și a rezolvat problema pe care o aveam cu soțul meu și vă pot spune cu siguranță că sunt din nou o femeie fericită datorită Dr. Isikolo. Soțul meu este acum un partener și un tată mai bun pentru copiii mei și asta îmi bucură inima. Mulțumesc, Dr. Isikolo, și sper ca Dumnezeu să vă ajute să continuați să-i ajutați pe alții. Trimiteți-i un e-mail la adresa: isikolosolutionhome@gmail.com sau trimiteți-i un mesaj prin WhatsApp la numărul +2348133261196

Unknown said...

My husband started acting weird and going out with other ladies and showed me cold love since the start of the year. On several occasions he threatened to divorce me if I dare question him about his affair with other ladies. I was totally devastated and confused until an old friend of mine told me about Dr Ilekhojie who help people with relationship and marriage problem. At first I doubted if such thing ever exists but decided to give it a try and contacted him. He performed a reconciliation ritual to make our connection strong and ensure no one comes between us. Now, my husband has stopped going out with other ladies and his with me for good and for real. Contact Dr Ilekhojie for solutions to your relationship or marriage problem to be solved today via: gethelp05@gmail.com or WhatsApp: +2348147400259

Anonymous said...

MY happiness is back to me after a very long time which i an my ex separated since i was alone my life change every thing about me change a friend of mine gave me an email address and told me that this was the email address she contacted when she was in the same problem so i contacted the email i got a reply he ask me to send him my number so i did he was a man call DR GMON he casted a spell for me and told me that within two day that my ex we be back for good within that two days my ex was back, i and my ex are getting married. next mouth, you contact him on whatspp at +2347014777964 or email mysticspellcaster5@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Problemele pe care le aveau fiica mea și soțul ei în căsnicia lor erau mai mult decât pot explica. Se certau de fiecare dată și, dintr-o dată, problema a devenit o problemă de familie și nici nu-mi puteam da seama ce se întâmplă de fapt și încotro se îndrepta căsnicia. Tatăl ei și restul familiei au încercat să rezolve problemele, dar nimic nu a funcționat până când a trebuit să cer ajutorul în numele lor.
L-am contactat pe Dr. Lukas după ce am primit mai multe informații despre faptele sale bune. M-am plâns de toate acestea lui și m-a asigurat că voi rezolva problemele. Fără să știu că aveau prieteni care s-au întors în jurul lor și au făcut tot posibilul să se asigure că mariajul este ruinat și că fiica mea a divorțat.
Dr. Lukas m-a ajutat și a rezolvat problemele dintre fiica mea și soțul ei, reunindu-i pe amândoi. Am fost uimită când am văzut cum dragostea și afecțiunea lor au fost complet restaurate, devenind mai fericiți împreună, iar acum mă bucur că am făcut o mișcare pentru a ajuta situația.
Faptele sale bune sunt de neimaginat și, când rezultatele vor începe să se manifeste, veți vedea cât de puternică este puterea lui în rezolvarea problemelor conjugale și relaționale. Adresa sa de e-mail: okukutemple@gmail.com și, de asemenea, contactul său pe WhatsApp +44-7469341745

BRENDA HOLMAN said...

December 31 changed my life forever when I won $2 million in the POWERBALL drawing! After years of playing without success, I met Dr. Oniha, whose spiritual guidance gave me renewed hope and confidence. Dr Oniha spells really work. When I saw my numbers match, I was completely shocked. I’m incredibly grateful for Dr oniha spell work because it really works just as he said it would. and support during that journey. Dr. Oniha's spell had worked its magic, and I am now a multimillionaire. I urge everyone to seek Dr. Oniha's help if they're struggling financially or need a change in their lives. His spells are real, and his expertise is unmatched
Email: droniha16@gmail.com
Call/Whatsapp  +1 (669) 221-3962

Nate Gift said...

My name is Anna joe, I want to share this great testimony of my life to everyone. I was married to my husband Michael Jose, I love him so much. We have been married for 8 years now with two kids. He went on vacation to Cyprus where he met a lady called Linda, he told me that he is no longer interested in our marriage any more. I became so confused and started seeking help, all efforts to bring him back failed until I met an old friend called Christina and I told her about my problem. She then introduced me to a man called Dr Masako who cast a spell for her that brought her ex back to her within 14 hours. I contacted Dr Masako to help me bring back my husband and he asked me not to worry that the gods of his fore-fathers would fight for me. He told me in 14 hours he will re-unite me and my husband together. After 14 hours my husband called and told me he is coming back home to me and the kids. I was surprised when I saw him and he started begging for forgiveness…we are one happy family now. All thanks to the great Dr Masako. if you need his help you can contact him via::

Email: Doctormasako@gmail.com

Whats-App: +2349047144277

Rafael Jerry said...

Many people anguish and die in silence because they are too ashamed or too religious to speak out about their problems. They know that there is a solution for every problem but the big question is where? And the next big one is How? If you are feeling that your problems are beginning to cause you constant worry that means you have become more and more aware of these problems, which need an immediate solution. Every problem has its root in spiritual implications and intervention that is how God called out the cosmos into existence. So everything is possible in the world of spirituality because it's the root of all problems.
If you need a solution especially from a trusted African Traditional Practitioner, I encourage you to reach out to CHIEF UZO OF IGBONDU SPIRITUAL HOME he can really be of help. Don’t hesitate to contact him to discover the immediate and amazing benefits of Divine spiritual help to secure a happy, prosperous, and unlimited future for you and your family. CHIEF UZO , is a highly experienced, trusted, and renowned African traditional practitioner who can give you instant and complete peace of mind from your every problem I am a living testimony.
Chief Uzo is very approachable and feel free to reach him directly at uzoigbonduspiritualhome@gmail.com

Snoddy. A said...

Best Spell-Casting Guidance for a Court Case

I want to sincerely thank Dr. Odumeje for the powerful spell, prayers, encouragement, and support I received during one of the most stressful and difficult periods of my life. Facing a court case brought me a lot of fear and uncertainty, and there were many moments when I didn’t know what the outcome would be. After speaking with Dr. Odumeje and receiving his spiritual guidance and mantle, I felt more hopeful, confident, and mentally prepared to face the situation. His powerful spell and encouragement helped me remain calm, focused, and positive throughout the court proceedings.

I continued to follow the proper legal process while keeping faith and seeking spiritual support. Eventually, my court matter was resolved in my favor, and the relief I felt was indescribable. I am deeply grateful for the encouragement and spiritual support I received during such a difficult chapter.

Thank you, Dr. Odumeje, for your time, prayers, guidance, and encouragement when I needed them most. I truly appreciate the support I received throughout this challenging experience.

If you are considering spiritual guidance during a difficult period, I highly recommend odumejetemple@gmail.com

Text/ WhatsApp +2349064108102

Lara B said...

My husband might not have chosen to marry me if it weren't for Chief Uzo. As a wealthy and successful young man, he attracted attention from many women. However, with Chief Uzo's guidance, I was able to capture my husband’s heart amidst a sea of beautiful and accomplished ladies.
Despite his reputation as a womanizer, easily swayed by any woman who showed interest, my husband underwent a transformation thanks to the intervention of IGBONDU SPIRITUAL HOME. He has gained self control and no longer pursues other women. Chief Uzo has truly been a blessing for our family, and even my husband acknowledges this change in his business, overall health life and Living.
Importantly, Chief Uzo does not engage in or endorse human sacrifice. He is a genuine practitioner of African traditional methods. Anyone can reach him directly at uzoigbonduspiritualhome@gmail.com

Distance is not a barrier!
Don’t remain silent about issues that can be addressed at IGBONDU SPIRITUAL HOME, it may be too late. Reach out for any spiritual help you need, including:

*Winning Contracts

*Lotto Success

*Recovering Lost Items

*Manhood Issues (Erectile Dysfunction, Enlargement)

*Financial Abundance

*Spiritual Checks

*Restoring Lost Glory

*Travel Assistance

*Pregnancy Issues (Miscarriage, Delays)

*Quick Business Sales

*Health Concerns (Epilepsy, Hypertension, Fibroids, and Infections)

*Enhancing Performance

*Body Protection

*Rapid Business Income

*Relationship Restoration

*Brain Function Enhancement

*Fertility Solutions

*Dream Interpretation

*Attracting Good Luck

*Claiming Innocent Cases

*Addressing Spiritual Attacks

*Resolving Marriage Delays

*Lifting Generational Spells

*Overcoming Bad Dreams

Unknown said...

I am truly grateful for the support I received from Ilekhojie after my relationship went through dark time. When my relationship seemed beyond repair, I felt lost and unsure of what to do because i loved my partner so much. Through Ilekhojie’s guidance and reconciliation ritual, I was able to communicate more honestly, reflect on my own actions, and approach reconciliation with patience and respect. Within a few days, my ex and I had meaningful conversations that helped us rebuild trust and reconnect with each other. Today, we are back together and working toward a healthier, stronger relationship. I’m thankful for the positive role Ilekhojie played in encouraging growth, understanding, and reconciliation during such a difficult period in our lives. He has done similar thing for so many people and i am grateful for his help. I leave his contact here so you can also seek help from him. WhatsApp/Telegram: (+2348147400259 or Email: gethelp05@gmail.com

UNknown said...

Moje ime je VIVIAN, iz Mary Landa. Moj svet in moje življenje sta se vrnila!!! Po enem letu prekinjene zveze me je mož zapustil iz neznanega razloga. Čutila sem, da se bo moje življenje končalo, skoraj sem storila samomor, zelo dolgo sem bila čustveno na tleh. (Zahvaljujoč čarovniku dr. Ayu), ki sem ga spoznala na spletu. Nekega zvestega dne sem med brskanjem po internetu naletela na veliko pričevanj o tem čarovniku. Nekateri so pričali, da je priklical nazaj njihovega bivšega ljubimca, nekateri so pričali, da obnavlja maternico, zdravi raka, HIV in druge bolezni, nekateri so pričali, da lahko z urokom prepreči ločitev in tako naprej. Naletela sem tudi na eno posebno pričevanje, ki je govorilo o ženski po imenu CINDY, ki je pričala o tem, kako je v manj kot dveh dneh priklical nazaj njenega bivšega ljubimca, na koncu pričevanja pa je pustila e-poštni naslov dr. Aya. Po branju vsega tega sem se odločila, da poskusim. Kontaktirala sem ga in mu razložila svojo težavo, on pa mi je rekel, da se bo moj mož v 48 urah vrnil k meni. Na moje presenečenje je mož prišel k meni domov in me prosil za odpuščanje. Rešila sva najine težave in sva še srečnejša kot prej. Resnično je nadarjen človek in ne bom nehala objavljati njegovih člankov, ker je čudovit človek ... Če imate težavo in iščete pravega in pristnega čarovnika, ki bo rešil vse vaše težave, je resen. Kontaktirajte ga na NJEGOV E-POŠTNI NASLOV [drayospell@gmail.com] ALI ga kontaktirajte prek WhatsAppa na +2347055691377 ALI ga kontaktirajte prek VIBERJA.

Anonymous said...

After many years of pain and sorrow a man named DR WALE came to my rescue. I got married to the love of my life and we both have three children together. At first we were living peacefully as a family without any issue. But as time went on me and my man started having serious fights with each other. The fight between us got out of control and my husband was telling me let's part ways. He was telling me he wants us to divorce me. Right in front of my eyes my husband and our sales girl are having an affair. My husband started treating me and the children's bad. I told a friend about my behavior towards me and the kids, my friend then told me about DR WALE. Because I need to look for a solution before everything gets out of hand. When I contacted DR WALE about it, He did a quick check for me and found out it was my sales girl that was behind everything happening. I asked DR WALE what needed to be done. He told me that I will need to do some spiritual cleansing to open my husband's eyes and also cast spell. I made payment for everything and the rest was history. DR WALE did the best thing in my life. My husband's eyes were clear and he begged me and the kids for forgiveness. Today we're all now living as one big family again. DR WALE thanks for everything. IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES IN YOUR MARRIAGE, RELATIONSHIP OR LOTTERY GAME DR WALE IS THE BEST MAN TO CONTACT. Contact him Via WhatsApp OR Telegram: +2347054019402 OR Email: drwalespellhome@gmail.com

FLORENCE said...

After my husband and I separated, we went months without speaking. I felt heartbroken and wasn't ready to move on. I came across several testimonials about Dr. Oniha and decided to reach out. After following his instructions, my husband contacted me, apologized, and we began rebuilding our relationship. Today, our marriage is stronger, and I'm grateful for the positive change. If you're facing relationship challenges, you can contact Oniha Spells for more information.
Email:onihaspelltemple@gmail.com
CALL/Whatsapp number: +16692213962

CONNOR GREG said...

I have never believed in spiritual powers all my life because I grew up in a family surrounded by Atheists, I play the lottery for fun, my parents are wealthy people so I was born into a rich Family. I live in Las Vegas where gambling is on the rise. I play the casino and other games, including the lottery. Sometime last year I met someone who introduced me to a spiritual doc who specialized in helping one win gambles, the first sequence of numbers I was given won me over Two Million Dollars. This man is gifted with spiritual powers. contact him Via
Email: droniha16@gmail.com
CALL/Whatsapp number: +16692213962

«Oldest ‹Older   201 – 219 of 219   Newer› Newest»