On the eight day of Christmas Julie Cohen adds her favourite ornament to the RNA tree...
My favourite ornament
My mother is both artistic and deft and can create beautiful things for her family and friends to enjoy. The walls of the house where we grew up are decorated with her framed embroidery; she made me Hallowe'en costumes and beautiful beloved rag dolls when I was growing up. She used to decorate wedding cakes with delicate hand-made sugar flowers and she has made her home both comfortable and elegant.
When I was about seven years old, she went through a phase of making Christmas ornaments out of egg-shaped styrofoam balls, covered with velvet ribbon, jewelled pins and sequins. They were things of baroque beauty, every one different and marvellous. Every year I would set them out carefully in a row to savour the differences. My personal favourite was made of pink velvet and crusted with rhinestones, topped with an elaborate pink bow. Later, when I saw my first photograph of a Faberge egg, I would think of that ornament. When we decorated the Christmas tree, I always put that pink velvet ornament in pride of place, right in the front of the tree at eye level, where it would catch the light and sparkle.
I tried to make one myself. While I'm reasonably artistic, I've never been gifted in crafts, like my mother; when I made my ornament, the ribbon wouldn't stick to the egg, the pins were all wonky, the bow was bedraggled. You could see white styrofoam peeking through the decorations. Mom wouldn't let me throw it away. Ashamed, I hung it right at the back of the tree, where no one would see it. But mysteriously, it kept on migrating to the front of the tree. In pride of place.
I know now that my mother moved it. It was her favourite.
My latest book: The Summer of Living Dangerously:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/ Summer-Living-Dangerously- Julie-Cohen/dp/0755350634/ref= tmm_hrd_title_0
I have a free Christmas-themed read up on my website, to read or download:
http://www.julie-cohen.com/ books/the-black-sheep/
My favourite ornament
My mother is both artistic and deft and can create beautiful things for her family and friends to enjoy. The walls of the house where we grew up are decorated with her framed embroidery; she made me Hallowe'en costumes and beautiful beloved rag dolls when I was growing up. She used to decorate wedding cakes with delicate hand-made sugar flowers and she has made her home both comfortable and elegant.
When I was about seven years old, she went through a phase of making Christmas ornaments out of egg-shaped styrofoam balls, covered with velvet ribbon, jewelled pins and sequins. They were things of baroque beauty, every one different and marvellous. Every year I would set them out carefully in a row to savour the differences. My personal favourite was made of pink velvet and crusted with rhinestones, topped with an elaborate pink bow. Later, when I saw my first photograph of a Faberge egg, I would think of that ornament. When we decorated the Christmas tree, I always put that pink velvet ornament in pride of place, right in the front of the tree at eye level, where it would catch the light and sparkle.
I tried to make one myself. While I'm reasonably artistic, I've never been gifted in crafts, like my mother; when I made my ornament, the ribbon wouldn't stick to the egg, the pins were all wonky, the bow was bedraggled. You could see white styrofoam peeking through the decorations. Mom wouldn't let me throw it away. Ashamed, I hung it right at the back of the tree, where no one would see it. But mysteriously, it kept on migrating to the front of the tree. In pride of place.
I know now that my mother moved it. It was her favourite.
My latest book: The Summer of Living Dangerously:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/
I have a free Christmas-themed read up on my website, to read or download:
http://www.julie-cohen.com/

4 comments:
Aw, Julie, how perfectly lovely!
Dearest Esteems,
We are Offering best Global Financial Service rendered to the general public with maximum satisfaction,maximum risk free. Do not miss this opportunity. Join the most trusted financial institution and secure a legitimate financial empowerment to add meaning to your life/business.
Contact Dr. James Eric Firm via
Email: fastloanoffer34@gmail.com
Whatsapp +918929509036
Best Regards,
Dr. James Eric.
Executive Investment
Consultant./Mediator/Facilitator
You can get your ex back and cure your infertility problems with Dr Reethesh. When I met Dr Reethesh, my husband had divorced me because I was a barren woman at 32 years of age and I have been married for five years. I went to many hospitals and all the doctors I met were telling me that i'll not be able to give birth again. The doctors were telling me that I am affected with Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Uterine Fibroids. They were advising me to go for child adoption. I was devastated and confused as a woman of my age. I went online to look for help on how to get my marriage back then I met Dr Reethesh. Within a few weeks of contacting Dr Reethesh, my ex husband came back home and pleaded for me to forgive him and take him back after six months of divorce. I accepted him back and then I told Dr Reethesh of my bareness for him to help me. He did the spell for fertility. I took the herbs he sent to me. And after some months of finishing the herbs, I conceived. My husband got me pregnant and I gave birth to a handsome son. Presently, I am a mother of a handsome son and I am happy in my marriage. All thanks to Dr Reethesh and his wonderful work. Contact Dr Reethesh Via WhatsApp: +2349012999010 OR Email: reethesh60@gmail.com
How Dr Wale made life easy for me. I was in love with my high school girlfriend. We grew up together with strong love and sweet understanding. We were living peacefully together with ourselves. But here is how things started going wild for us. My woman works in a different city far away from me, So the best way of getting in touch is through communicating on the phone. But after five months, Our communication started slowing down. Whenever I call her she'll say she's busy and that she'll call me back when she's done with everything. That day will finish without her calling back, It's continue for months till I decide to pay her a surprise visit in the city where she works. After some few days with her I found out that my woman has been having an affair with his boss in the office. When I tried to question her about it, She told me that she was done with me and she doesn't want us to continue anymore. Those words broke my heart into pieces to the point that I almost took my life. Before going to my city she blocked me on all her social media handles. I went back to my city with deep pain inside of me, I was depressed and felt betrayed by her actions. After some months still living in pain and bitterness I told a friend of mine about the issues, My friend told me he'II introduced me to Dr Wale he said that Dr Wale is the only man that can bring back my happiness. He said to me his marriage is perfect today with the help of Dr Wale. When I reached out to Dr Wale and told him everything that was going on he told me to be calm and that I'II be a happy man again. Dr Wale instructed me to make payment for Items needed. The magic started when my woman gave me a call two days later crying on the phone begging me to please have mercy on her. She said she doesn't know what came over her that made her behave badly. We're now back together living happily again like we used to before. I wanna give all thanks to Dr Wale for making everything possible and for bringing my woman back to me. If you need any kind of help Dr Wale is the right man to contact. His WhatsApp/Viber: +2347054019402 OR Email: drwalespellhome@gmail.com
Post a Comment