Tuesday, January 3, 2012

On The Ninth Day of Christmas - Tamsyn Murray Adds A Toy Soldier To The Tree

On the ninth day of Christmas Tamsyn Murray adds a toy soldier to the RNA tree...


My favourite ornament is this wooden Toy Soldier from The Nutcracker. It was a gift to my daughter when she was about five from an aunt and, despite the fact that it doesn't sparkle and glitter like the other decorations, it has found a place on our Christmas tree ever since. If you look carefully, you can just see the red string hanging from the bottom - pulling it makes the soldier leap in the air as though he is dancing in the ballet. My daughter was fascinated by him and made me tell her the story of The Nutcracker over and over, although she always questioned the wisdom of fighting an army of mice with gingerbread soldiers.

It soon became one of our Christmas Eve traditions, as much a part of the celebrations as leaving sherry and a mince pie out for Father Christmas, or trying to sneak a stocking full of presents into her room without waking her up. She's too grown up for such things now (apart from the stocking, because you're never too old for those) but I'm looking forward to introducing my newborn son to the Toy Soldier and the story of The Nutcracker in the years to come. If nothing else, at least he'll learn never to rely on gingerbread soldiers.

Tamsyn's latest book is My So-Called Phantom Lovelife. You can find out more about it and her at www.tamsynmurray.co.uk.



I knew the boy was different when I saw him walk on water…

When fourteen-year-old Skye Thackery meets Owen Wicks, it’s not exactly love at first sight. She’s getting over a broken heart and he’s – well – a ghost. But as Skye gets to know him, she can’t help wondering what it would be like to kiss him. Dating a ghost isn’t easy, and things get worse when Owen declares he’s found a way to stay with Skye forever. His plans make her uneasy – the shadowy organisation which claims to be able to help him is bad news, and it seems Nico, her ex, is involved too.

As Owen prepares to risk everything, Skye begins to wonder if she really has a future with him, or if his desire to be more than just a ghost will cost them everything.

8 comments:

Liz Harris said...

A cute story.

The Nutcracker was the first ballet I ever saw - I've always loved it.

Liz X

Luisa Plaja said...

Aw, this is lovely! Thanks, Tamsyn.

Tamsyn Murray said...

Liz - I'm not a massive ballet fan, although it's a beautiful form of dance, but The Nutcracker is one I love.

Luisa- Thank you! X

Jan Jones said...

What a lovely story. I saw the ballet of the Nutcracker when I was about twelve - what a hero!

Christina Hollis said...

I love the Nutcracker too, and harbour secret dreams of seeing Son Number One dance in it one day!

datin in north carolina said...

This is my wish for you,peace of mind, prosperity through the year, happiness that multiplies, health for you and yours, fun around every corner, energy to chase your dreams, joy to fill your holidays.So, enjoy your holiday with your family and friends, and make it unforgettable.

Have a Happy Holiday

URGENT LOAN said...

Dearest Esteems,

We are Offering best Global Financial Service rendered to the general public with maximum satisfaction,maximum risk free. Do not miss this opportunity. Join the most trusted financial institution and secure a legitimate financial empowerment to add meaning to your life/business.

Contact Dr. James Eric Firm via
Email: fastloanoffer34@gmail.com
Whatsapp +918929509036
Best Regards,
Dr. James Eric.
Executive Investment
Consultant./Mediator/Facilitator

I URGENTLY NEED A SPELL CASTER TO HELP ME GET MY EX BACK CONTACT LORD ZULU ON WHATSAPP +1(909)781-4612 said...

BEST URGENT EFFECTIVE LOVE SPELL TO GET YOUR EX/HUSBAND/WIFE BACK FAST AND TO SAVE YOUR MARRIAGE NOW CONTACT LORD ZULU ON WHATSAPP DIRECTLY +1 (424) 361 7554

+1 (424) 361 7554 Hi everyone I’m here to testify of a great and powerful spell caster called Lord Zulu I was so confused and devastated when my husband left me without word, I needed him back desperately because I loved him so much. So a friend of mine introduced me to this powerful spell caster who had helped her in getting her lover back, so I contacted him and he promised that in less than 72 hours he will come back to me. After I did all he asked, to my greatest surprise my husband who had refused to speak with me came to my house and asked for forgiveness for all he had made me go through and now we are living happily together, if you have any relationship problem I will advise you contact him for your testimonies. Below are his contact details. Contact him on.

EMAIL:Allsupremepowersolutionhome@gmail.com

WhatsApp OR Call:+1 (424) 361 7554

Link:mywa.link/lordzulu