Wednesday, December 28, 2011

On The Third Day of Christmas - Jane Odiwe Bring Us a Jane Austen Bauble


On the third day of Christmas Jane Odiwe shares a Jane Austin ornament for our RNA tree...

I love my Christmas tree, and decorating it in my family is the highlight of Christmas. I’ve collected many baubles over the years and choosing whether to have a colour scheme or go for all over vintage colours always causes great debate in our house. This year we’ve chosen silver, gold, and a pale blush pink with clear glass.




I’ve been collecting baubles and ornaments for many years now - some of my favourites include some fragile white porcelain figures, which I bought when my children were tiny. They consist of angels, teddy bears, toy soldiers, toy trains and kittens, amongst others. I love vintage-style glass birds with feathers, and have used some of those on the mantlepiece in a green swag with faux and real roses. Like a lot of RNA members who love shoes, they feature too – I have some tiny shoe ornaments, period designs, ballet shoes, and skating boots. 

It’s very hard to choose a favourite ornament because I have so many that I love, but this year to my family’s great amusement I bought a Jane Austen bauble for my tree. It’s very pretty with a hand-painted silhouette of Jane and strips of Pride and Prejudice can be read through the glass. It really glitters in the light, and is a beautiful new addition to the tree!
 
Wishing everyone a Happy Christmas and New Year!

You can follow Jane on Twitter here.

Here latest book...

One dark secret can completely ruin a bright future…
After capturing the heart of the most eligible bachelor in England, Elizabeth Bennet believes her happiness is complete—until the day she unearths a stash of anonymous, passionate love letters that may be Darcy’s, and she realizes just how little she knows about the guarded, mysterious man she married…

2 comments:

Austentation said...

LOL!! Jane-- thank you so much for your card and note-- I'm so glad that you love the ornament! They were painted by my mother, who is a very talented artist in her own right. Your tree actually sounds a lot like mine-- from the glass birds with feathers to the tiny shoes (though I have hats, too!!) I hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas!
Laura

Jane Odiwe said...

It's gorgeous, and will have a special place on my tree always-your Mum is very talented Laura! We had a lovely Christmas-hope you did too!