Wednesday, December 26, 2012

On The Second Day of Christmas...Scarlett Bailey

On the second day of Christmas Scarlett Bailey add to our RNA Christmas tree...



This is the Glitter Globe I brought home from my first ever trip to New York, one Christmas a few years ago now. It was a magical trip; New York was cold and brightly dressed in sparkling lights, and I truly felt like I had stepped out of my humdrum life and onto a movie set. I felt like a film star, even though no one noticed little old me.
It was in New York, on the rink under the Rockefeller centre, whilst listening to Christmas Carols that I first tried my hand at ice-skating, and spent most of the time of my backside.
It was standing outside the Christmas window at Saks, that I finally understood all the fuss about shoes that my friends regularly made when I saw how the Saks window dresser had turns a pair of Prada shoes into works of art, as dazzling as any I might find in MOMA.
And it was in Macy’s that I found, right at the front of store, in the part designed to attract tourists, my Glitter Globe. Now it sits on my desk with a few other treasured items, and I look at it everyday. And when, in ‘Married by Christmas’, Anna is awe struck by the wonder of New York at Christmas, and feels like she is living in her own little snow globe world, its was my Gorgeous, kitschy, lovely Glitter Globe that I looked at every time I needed inspiration. Oh and by the way, it also plays Sinatra’s ‘New York, New York’. Perfect.


Scarlett's latest book....

All she wants is a perfect Christmas Eve wedding...
It's been on Anna's wish-list since she was a little girl, dreaming of a far happier family life than she'd ever experienced.
But now - only two weeks before her big day - her perfect husband-to-be drops a bombshell...
Only nothing's going to stop Anna's plans - not even the pesky inconvenience of discovering her groom already has a wife!

No comments: