Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Joan Hessayon Award contender 2016: Helen J Rolfe

Today we welcome Helen J Rolfe, another of the talented contenders for this year's Joan Hessayon Award and graduate of the RNA New Writers' Scheme. Thank you for answering our questions, Helen.

How long have you been writing? Is this your first published piece?
I have been writing fiction since 2011. My first novel was very much a practice and is still lurking somewhere in the bottom drawer! The Friendship Tree was the second novel I wrote.

How many years were you a member of the NWS and did you submit a manuscript each year?
I joined the NWS in 2012 and submitted a manuscript each year.

What came first, agent or publisher?
Publisher

How did you find your publisher?
Crooked Cat opened for submissions in April 2014 and I submitted my manuscript.

Do you have a contract for one book or more?
I had a single book contract and chose to indie publish the two books I wrote after The Friendship Tree.

When was your book published?
February 2015.


Tell us something about your book
Tamara Harding left the UK to join family in Australia, but more importantly, to put ten thousand miles between her and her ex, Bradley Cox. She is drawn into the small community of Brewer Creek where she becomes the coordinator for an old fashioned Friendship Tree – a chart telling people who they can call on in times of trouble. As she vows to start over, she meets Jake Manning – and life gets more complicated than she could ever have imagined. When danger descends on Brewer Creek, the Friendship Tree unites the entire town.

What are you currently working on?
I’m starting edits for my fourth novel and have just finished the first draft for novel number five.

What piece of advice would you give current members of the NWS?
To keep going and always believe in yourself.

Links:
Twitter https://twitter.com/HJRolfe

Thank you, Helen, we hope you have a fabulous evening at the RNA Summer Party and good luck with your writing career.

The RNA blog is brought to you by

Elaine Everest & Natalie Kleinman



8 comments:

Unknown said...

Many thanks to Elaine Everest & Natalie Kleinman for inviting me to the blog today.
I look forward to seeing lots of you at the Summer Party later this month!
Helen J Rolfe.

Unknown said...

I've read The Friendship Tree and its a fab book! I'm sure the judges will think so too!

@juliawildauthor said...

The Friendship Tree sounds fab, hope you have a lovely time at the Summer Party and congratulations at being a Joan Hessayon Contender. Julie x

Dr Ogudugu Solution Temple said...

I was having serious relationship problems with my boyfriend and it had resulted in him moving out to his friend’s apartment. Everything got worse because he started going to bars and strip clubs frequently with his friend, getting drunk and passing out. He always threatens me on phone whenever I call him because of all the bad advises that his friend has given him. I really love him and we had been dating for 8 years which gave us a beautiful daughter. I had also lost a lot of money on therapists until I was introduced to Dr.Ogudugu by a friend whom he helped to marry her childhood boyfriend; this gave me total confidence and strength to get him back. I did all he asked and after 48 hours my boyfriend called me and rushed back home, things just changed between us emotionally. He has a job and stopped drinking and keeping irrelevant friends. It’s a miracle I never believed was possible because I had lost all hope until I found Dr.Ogudugu. So that’s why I promised to share my testimony all over the universe. All thanks goes to Dr.Ogudugu for the excessive work that he has done for me. Below is the email address in situation you are undergoing a heart break, and I assure you that as he has done mine for me, he will definitely help you too GREATOGUDUGU@GMAIL.COM.

Anonymous said...

I can't really believe that i am with my Ex-Husband after when he broke up with me with 4 kids he is back , i thank Dr `ABELE for helping me getting back my husband back, My Name is Vegadaly i am from USA and my man name is vegadaly , my happiness turn to bitterness,my joy turn to sorrow,my love turn to hate when my husband broke up with me last week,i was so frustrated and i could not know what next to do again, i was so unthinkable and i could not concentrate any more, i love my husband so much but he was cheating on me with another woman and this makes him broke up with me, so that he can be able to get marry to the other lady , i think she cast a spell on my husband to make him hate me and my kinds and this was so critical and uncalled-for,I cry all day and night for God to send me a helped to get back my man until a day when i was browsing on the on the internet i saw a post of a lady name Lizzy Brooklyn and who was having the same problem with me but she latter got her Husband back and i write her to asked her how she was able to get her husband back and she told me that their was a powerful spell caster in Africa that help her with a love spell in getting back lost lover's back and i decided to contacted the same Dr ABELE immediately and she told me what is needed to be done for me to have my man back and i did it although i doubted it but i did it and the Dr ABELE told me that i will get the result after 4 days , and he told me that my husband was going to call me by 10pm in my time and i still doubted his word, to my surprise my husband really called me and told me that he miss me so much Oh My God i was so happy and today i am happily with my man again and we are joyfully living together as one good family and i thank the powerful spell caster , he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that good spell casters still exist and Dr ABELE is one of the good spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are there and your lover is turning you down, or you have your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore contact the powerful spell caster Dr ABELE on his email: [drabelesolutionhome@gmail.com]. and he will solve your problem for you , i am a living testimony and i will continue to testify of his goodness in my family,he turn my family to paradise and today we are all happy together Dr ABELE i say thank you in million times thanks email him now drabelesolutionhome@gmail.com you can call him on +2348119020294..

Ana Rauzan said...

All thanks to Dr Ogudugu just contacted this man after my husband of about 4years left me and to my surprise it took this man just 3days to bring him back to Dr Ogudugu his the best spell caster around to solve any problem for you.
{1} HIV/AIDS
{2CANCER
{3}HERPES
{4}DIABETES
(5}HERPERTITIS B

Email: GREATOGUDUGU@GMAIL.COM
Call/WhatsApp:+27663492930

ben mark said...

drabelesolutionhome@gmail.com

solomoalfred said...

Hi Friends i am so glad to writing this article today to tell the world how Dr odoma cured my HSV VIRUS,i have been detected with HSV-1 AND HSV-2 since five years ago, ever since then my life has been in complete bizarre and agony,i have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by several doctors,but it didn't cure my HSV VIRUS neither did it reduce the pain,until a certain i was checking for solution in the internet,then miraculously came across Dr odoma the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HSV-1 AND HSV-2 INFECTION,then i contacted his whatsApp number at +2348100649947 or email:drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com    i explained everything to him and prepared a cure that cure my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine, so my friends viewers why wait and be suffer when there is someone like Dr odoma that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS, you can contact his via : drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com?. or WHATSAPP +2348100649947