Friday, November 7, 2014

Q and A Session with Rosemary Morris


Today we are joined by Rosemary Morris

My love of history led to writing novels. To research I read non-fiction, visit museums etc. At the moment I am writing Monday’s Child and revising a mediaeval novel. To view book trailers and read extracts from my novels please my website. (I would be happy to hear from you.)

Why does heart-rending pain lurk in wealthy Countess of Sinclair’s eyes? 

Captain Howard’s life changes when he meets Kate, the intriguing Countess. He resolves to banish
her pain. 

When Kate, victim of an abusive marriage meets Edward Howard the air sizzles but she has no intention of marrying again

We put the following questions to Rosemary:

Q. Have you ever thought of writing in another genre?
A. I have considered writing fantasy fiction.

Q. Agent or publisher? What is your preferred route to publication?
A. I am very happy with my publisher, MuseItUp Publishing, but admit I would like to find an agent for some of my future novels.

Q. Did you go through the RNA New Writers' Scheme and what are you views on this support for those writers just starting out?
A. Yes, each of my published novels and my unpublished mediaeval novel which I am revising went through the RNA New Writers’ Scheme. The reader’s reports were very helpful. As a result, five of my novels have been published. The scheme is an invaluable aid for new writers at a very reasonable cost.

Q. Writers have many different ways of working, some in silence and others in complete chaos. What is your preference and why?
A. When I am writing I prefer silence and resent it when someone phones me. I’m sociable but not during the time set aside for working. When dealing with ‘writerly’ matters I often have to switch on the television.

Q. What did you enjoy most about writing your novel?
A. I enjoyed writing about the love that developed between an older lady and a younger man. For those who are unfamiliar with the period, I also enjoyed describing the clothes, food, etiquette etc., in a period in which few novels are set.

Q. Some writers work under different author names. Do you or would you do this?
A. If my mediaeval novel is accepted for publication I might use a different author name because the plot, theme and style are very different to my published novels.                                                                   

Q. What's next for Rosemary Morris?
A. I have nearly finished writing Monday’s Child, a follow-on novel from Sunday’s Child.
Thank you for sharing with us today, Rosemary


The RNA blog is brought to you by

Elaine Everest & Natalie Kleinman

If you would like to write an article or be featured on the blog please contact us on elaineeverest@aol.com



No comments: